T-6 days

At T-6 days to Australia! Well, I guess I'll be in Australia in 8 days but I leave in 6. Weird: Tuesday NEVER HAPPENS. WTF?? I leave San Francisco at 10pm West Coast Time on Monday and arrive in Sydney on Wednesday which is only 15 hours later....

I have a 3 piece matching luggage set (Kenneth Cole Reaction, black - thanks to Dan who told me about the deal) , a camera (Cannon ELPH SD750 - thanks to Mike who did all the comparison shopping at Christmas), a loaner laptop - I basically have it all short of an Australian Cell Phone which I'll get my hands on next week one way or another.

Thanks to Dan for taking care of my mail and Amanda for taking care of my fish (which she has named Grape - I've had this guy for 3 years and never named him)!

Some staggering numbers:
12020 miles in the air
28 hours, 17 minutes flight time (First class or business class, phew!)
14 hours of layovers
$7000 flight cost

One thing I'm still trying to wrap my brain around: I go to West to San Francisco which is 3 hours behind Boston time. Then I fly Southwest to Sydney which is 16 hours ahead of Boston time. Then I fly even further West to Perth which is, 14 hours ahead?? If I fly further West, shouldn't it just keep getting further and further ahead of Boston? Maybe the world is round just to prevent time travel...

Flight info:
United 5400 from Albany to Chicago 11:35am March 17
4 hour layover in Chi town - chill with Kid Rock, Kanye, and Matt Hicks
United 0863 from Chicago to San Francisco 6:00pm
3 hour layover in San Fran
United 0863 from San Francisco to Sydney 10:20pm
Yeah, land in Sydney on Wednesday morning, Tuesday's gone with the wind - Skynyrd was right.
6 hour layover in Sydney. Have a walabee omlet for breakfast and a kangaroo burger for lunch. Yum!
Qantas 0577 from Sydney to Perth 12:10pm.
Arrive in Perth at 3pm local time which is 1am in Boston. 1 hour till last call! You know I like to make last call after a long trip.

This is about the time I drive on the wrong side of the road on purpose to get to my sweet apt in Fremantle. Let the games begin!

-Ev

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad you made it, and I hung a map up to remind me that you're all the way across to the other side(Audrey's directions)!

Popular Posts